**Only TWO spaces remain for this class. Please register as soon as possible.**
Are you looking for a childbirth class in the Greenville-Spartanburg area that gives you the support of in-person connections, but also the flexibility of online learning? Do you want current evidence, relevant data, and engaging curriculum?
By taking the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you and your partner will not only learn the evidence for your birth options in an online class, but you’ll also get to meet in-person with an experienced instructor and other parents in the GSP area who are going through pregnancy and birth just like you! This course is limited to only six couples.
Your EBB Childbirth Class is facilitated by Mary Kury, CBE. Both of the in-person classes, the Advanced Comfort Measures class for Deluxe tickets, and the live Zoom video chats are with Mary. Video components are instructed by Rebecca Dekker who is a PhD-prepared nurse and also happens to be the founder of Evidence Based Birth®!
- How your Partner can be your Advocate
- Evidence Based Care
- Overcoming Fears and Anxieties
- Comfort Measures
- Stages of Labor
- Navigating the Healthcare System
- Providers (Models of Care)
- Communicating with hospital staff
- Know your Rights
- Pain Relief
- Labor Rehearsal
- Postpartum Discussion
- Newborn Procedures
- Baby Care
Hybrid In-Person and Online Class
- We will have our first and last classes (plus optional Advanced Comfort Measures class) in-person, and you will do the rest of your learning online!
- For the online learning portion, you and your partner will watch class videos on your computer or phone.
- For every video you watch on your own, you’ll earn points towards gift certificates to local restaurants and breweries!
- You’ll meet with Mary and your other classmates during our weekly Zoom sessions (video chat). We will meet from 7-8pm Monday evenings, unless the entire class chooses a different time.
- First in-person class is Monday April 1, 6:30-8:30 PM
- Extra practice class for Standard Plus and Deluxe registrants is TBD by those who choose this option!
- Last in-person class is Monday May 6, from 6:30-8:30 PM
- The in-person sessions meet at Labors of Love Birth Center, LC 850 Floyd Rd Extension, Spartanburg SC 29307.
- A final “birth story” reunion class is included– get a chance to debrief after your birth in a safe space (this is really important!)
Choose the package that works best for you!
Standard package: Includes 3-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, private Facebook community, two in-person classes, and a reunion. $335
Standard Plus package: Includes the Standard package plus the 2 hour in-person Advanced Comfort Measures Class. $355
Deluxe package: Includes 6-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, private Facebook community, two in-person classes, an extra in-person class to practice advanced comfort measures, and a reunion. $365
Should you wish to pay with cash or check, please contact Mary@UpstateBirth.com
Time: 6:30-8:30pm (April 1 and May 6); and 7:00-8:00pm (weeks 2-5)
Location: Labors of Love Birth Center, LLC Spartanburg SC (limited seating at venue) and Zoom chat (your place!)
Will I Learn how to have a Natural Birth?
At Evidence Based Birth®, we believe that every person has their own unique path. Instead of focusing on medicated vs. unmedicated birth, we focus on giving you tools and helping you learn the evidence, so that you can be empowered to make your own decisions! We do have a strong emphasis on non-drug comfort measures, because they have no side effects and can be used by everyone, whether or not you plan to use medications.
At the end of this class, you will have all the tools you need to create your ultimate labor and birth experience. If you want a natural birth, this class will give you the relaxation and pain management tools you need to have a natural birth. If you need an epidural or Cesarean, we’ll cover how you can be empowered that way, too!
What is Included in this Childbirth Class?
Standard, Standard Plus, and Deluxe registration each include the 2 in-person classes, 4 Monday evening Zoom video chats with your Instructor and classmates, access to your lessons online at the Evidence Based Birth® Academy, a PDF library, and a reunion “birth story” class.
Standard Plus includes all of the above plus an in-person Advanced Comfort Measures Class** scheduled on a mutually convenient date and time.
If you choose the “Deluxe” option, you will get 6 months access to the online portion plus the extra Advanced Comfort Measures Class.
**The Advanced Comfort Measures Class includes a two hour in-person class with Mary and the topics covered are:
- Dozens of hands-on Comfort Measures and Labor Positions
- Relaxation Techniques I’ve developed and/or learned over the last 11 years of teaching
- Top Ten List for partners outlining everything that needs to be known for labor day
- Childbirth Affirmations
- Booklet with everything to take home so you can continue to practice!
One ticket is good for both the pregnant parent and their chosen support person. If you have a doula, she is also welcome to the two in-person class meetings, and the Advanced Comfort Measures Class for the Standard Plus and Deluxe tickets! I will provide incentives for doing the out-of-class work, including gift certificates to local ice cream shops, restaurants, stores, and breweries.
**Please note that due to material shipping time, any students joining after March 18, 2019 may receive a digital workbook only.**